Friday, January 3, 2014

Free Printable Toddler Flashcards: Alphabet Fruits & Vegetables

I asked you ladies on instagram (@joyisathomeblog) where to find toddler flashcards, because we are very sick of the ones I got during back to school and I haven't been able to find any more. Thanks for all the awesome suggestions! But then I decided it's too cold to shop, so why not just make some myself? So, if you are looking for some fun learning activities to do while you're cooped up this winter (umm... any minnesota friends? did ya hear the governor called off school for ALL of minnesota on monday?! who's up for moving?!), I have included the free printables below! And I can tell you right now, these were a HUGE hit with C and I will definitely be making more. I am thinking shapes & colors next... any other good ideas? 
I went with an abc fruit & veggies theme but fair warning, there is no x or u.... and if you can come up with a healthy food that starts with that you let me know and I will add to the collection! Maybe utensils? Is that pushing it?? lol 
As you can see, Walgreens cropped mine a bit crazy so some of the borders are missing but they have a 9 cents per print deal going on right now, so I decided C probably won't care too much. Walgreens also has a habit of hassling me about prints (even a picture of my own child... in his highchair... in my kitchen... because I added a "thank you" overlay to it), so here is my permission - Feel free to print off to your hearts content, but please use for personal reasons only & link back to Joy Is At Home if you'd like to share on your social media! 
And in case you think we only eat fruit... :) 
These would also be a super cute little gift wrapped up for your favorite food loving toddler! You could also add this to one of the small flip photo albums from the dollar tree. I left mine out because C likes to lay out his flashcards on the floor and point to each one by one, but using an album would make it a bit more "book-style". 

I added the pictures below, so if you just want a few you can easily right click---> save picture as and print from there. But if that sounds like too much work for you, click here to head to my Flickr stream where you can download & print them all for free! They are sized to be a 4x6, make sure you print the actual 4x6 size as some will have "true digital" prints that actually print on slightly smaller photo paper, causing your prints to be cropped incorrectly (aka like mine!:))

Happy Friday, friends & stay warm please!! 
























Tip Junkie Handmade Projects

12 comments:

  1. OH my gosh THANK YOU!! I've been searching for things for Rory to help her learn more and these are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I am glad you are able to use them! Let me know what you think of the size... I'm thinking about making the next set to have 2 cards per 4x6 picture, so you'd cut them apart but it would be half the price to print! Not sure yet though :) Have fun!

      Delete
  2. This are ADORABLE! Thanks so much for sharing - saves me a lot of work when our little one will start using flashcards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  3. So cute! I love this idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy, there's the ugli fruit for "u" or the root veggie, ullluco. For "x" there's the Chinese watermelon, Xigua. Info from ask.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! I will have to look those up and see if I can find any pictures.. or learn to pronounce them :)

      Delete
  5. Love these! I have been looking for flashcards for Porter to work on trying to spark his interest in talking and these are cute. I will be printing these tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You'll have to let me know what you think of the size because I'm thinking about making the next set so there are 2 on each card... half the price but you'd have to cut them apart after printing! Hope you are keeping warm :)

      Delete
  6. So cute. I couldn't think of any for the other letters. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks!! Don't worry, I googled forever and couldn't find any either :)

    ReplyDelete

UA-41008830-1