Monday, December 23, 2013

Easy & Cheap DIY Christmas Gift

So to continue on from yesterday's post where I shared my "go to guy gift" for Christmas 2013, I thought I'd show you what I made for the women in my family. This is even easier and can be customized depending on who you're giving it to! 
 I apologize for the middle-of-the-night-crafting-session-iphone pictures. But do you see that mess I made? I can't make that mess with a toddler running around... he makes enough of his own messes, I would never be able to keep up with it all! But basically, I just used painters tape to keep a nice edge and painted the bottom with regular craft (acrylic) paint. I had to do about 4-5 coats to get it dark enough to where you couldn't see through. If you do this, make sure to take the tape off while you're last coat is still wet to prevent your paint from peeling back.  
I've read online that you should spray paint a clear coat over these, but I wasn't a fan of spray painting near eating utensils, even if it was only one end. So I just used a clear acrylic sealer, but I would still say these are handwash only! I tied them in a festive hand towel (which I bought as a 3 pack at Home Goods) and done! 

xo. 

1 comment:

  1. With extra demand of christmas gift it become customizing adoption with such a good utensil.

    ReplyDelete

UA-41008830-1