Wednesday, January 16, 2013

DIY Valentines Day Candy Gift

I don't know why, but for some reason I am SO excited for Valentines Day this year. We really have no big plans. Could it be that a baby just makes every holiday so much more exciting?! I am so excited to give C all of his Valentines Day gifts. 

Anyway, here's a quick look at a different version of last year's Bucket of Sweets Valentines Day gift. Perfect for the non-child in the family! 


This gift was made using my drink-choice-of-the-week IBC Cream Soda bottles. They are actually tricky little things when it comes to fitting candy inside... but I was able to fit peanuts, milk duds & licorice bites... yum!


I swear, I really would get my husband real gifts {and I do, often!} but he always goes back to "ya know, I could really use some more snacks to keep at work." Works for me!






10 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea!! I may have to make something like this for my husband for V-Day! I'm sure he'd love it too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husbands are so hard to buy for. this is perfect - thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea at the same time really very perfect Valentines Day Gifts for Him different and inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is genius! My husband is soo hard to buy for and I've been looking at gift basket companies but I like this so much better! It means more when you make it yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I might actually do something similar to this. How did you do the design around it? Is it paper or something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is just scrapbook paper cut to fit and stuck on with double sided tape! Super easy :)

      Delete
  6. How do you get the tops back on the bottles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just the screw top bottles so they just screw right back on! :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Yep! Just the outsides with white craft paint! :)

      Delete

UA-41008830-1