Today the man and I stopped by the Habitat for Humanity Restore to pick up a few (as in 2 boxes) of tiles that I have an extreme plan for :) But while we were there I found this cabinet door that I
needed decided to buy because I had an idea to make this
Unfortunately, I'm a terrible estimator and it was WAY too big. I'm talkin' like 4 inches. Seriously? How can I not know how big an inch is? So since I am also really impatient, I just cropped off some of trees out of the photo.
Once I distressed the edges, I mod podged the back of the photo onto the cabinet. I rubbed out all of the bubbles and applied a pretty thick coat of mod podge to the top, sealing the edges really well. The mod podge added a really nice texture to it!
I also nailed in the hardware to hang it on the wall. The man got it at Menards for 89cents/pack of 5.
Here is the final product! I love it! Even the fiance was impressed... and it takes a lot to get him to actually WANT to pound more holes in our walls!I haven't hung it yet but I'll post a better picture when I do!
The best part about this project is that between the hardware, door and photo it only cost me $5.50! And $3 of that was just to print off the photo!
Hope you're having a great weekend! Blessings!